Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Inspiration

Last November I drove from Michigan to the West Coast and back, stopping to see friends along the way.  Going west, I took the shortest path, along I70, through the plains and Colorado.  On the way back, I stopped in Phoenix, so I took a more southerly route home.

The farms in the middle of the country are mostly corn, something I'm used to seeing in Michigan.  But Texas and Oklahoma are full of cows.  Brown cows, spotted cows, and black cows.  They didn't seem as unhappy as I had been expecting: stuffed together, standing in rivers of their own excrement.  Though maybe they keep some pretty by the freeways for the benefit of those driving by.

But those big, beautiful black cows with their sad, thoughtful brown eyes reminded me so much of my driving companion:



My Parsley is so sweet and innocent and trusting, I couldn't help but attribute those qualities to those pretty, calm cows.  And now I can't justify being a party to their inhumane treatment.  So no more burgers for me. 

1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete