Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happier Mother's Days for Elephants!

In the wild, male elephants stay with their mothers until adolescence (age 13--elephants live to 50 years old!) and females never leave.  But Ringling Bros. takes babies away from their mothers at 18 months, before "training" them with physically and psychically painful methods.  PETA has a very sweet Mother's Day card you can print out and mail to the USDA asking for regulations to stop these cruel practices.  Imagine a deluge of pink cards with cartoon elephants at the USDA! 

Circuses are cruel institutions that belong in the history books as outrageous examples of the exploitation of fellow animals for money.  Let's all resolve to find more humane ways to entertain our children.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer! Can you contact me with your address? The sticker & collar flower are yours. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete